The State Fund Agriculture (SFA) paid nearly BGN 71 million (BGN 70,817,964) Covid aid to 27,176 farmers. The state aid is provided under the "Aid to Provide Liquidity to Farmers to Overcome the Effects of the Negative Economic Impact of COVID-19" scheme. The funds are granted in the form of direct grants to those employed in primary agricultural production. The scheme has been notified by the European Commission under the Temporary Framework for State aid measures due to the Covid crisis.
The Management Board of the Fund approved a budget amounting to BGN 72 million under the scheme. The support is targeted at farmers, raising large and small ruminants, beekeepers, as well as fruit and vegetable producers, to compensate for part of the increased production costs. The specific criteria for receiving the state aid are the availability of a valid application under the coupled support schemes or the transitional national coupled support for 2021 and received support under the same schemes for 2020.
The support of beekeepers is based on the number of bee colonies, established during the routine autumn inspection of bee colonies in the current year. Some farmers are compensated in several directions, as they are eligible applicants and have received support under more than one direct payment scheme.
The rate per animal is as follows:
• dairy cows under selection control - BGN 83.00;
• dairy cows – BGN 83.00;
• diary cows in mountain areas - BGN 48.51;
• meat cows and/or heifers – BGN 48.51;
• meet cows under selection control - BGN 83.00;
• buffaloes – BGN 83.00;
• ewes and/or she-goats under selection control - BGN 20.48;
• ewes and she-goats in mountain areas – BGN 16.17;
• ewes and she-goats;
For the animals under the Transitional National Coupled Support Scheme for Ewes and She-goats (NSA3) – BGN 16.17. For beekeepers, the aid rate for one bee colonies is BGN 8. The rates at which fruit and vegetable producers received aid are:
• apples, pears, apricots, peaches/nectarines, cherries/sour cherries, strawberries, raspberries - 616.00 BGN/hectare;
• plums and table grapes - BGN 313.60 BGN/hectare;
• vineyards - 190.40 BGN/hectare;
• field tomatoes, field cucumbers, gherkins, eggplant - 896.00 BGN/hectare;
• field pepper - 1,254.40 BGN/hectare;
• greenhouse tomatoes, greenhouse pepper, greenhouse cucumbers - 3,696.00 BGN/hectare;
• potatoes, onions, garlic - 672.00 BGN/hectare;
• carrots, cabbage, watermelons and melons - 336.00 BGN/hectare;
10 December 2021 SF Agriculture – PA